The History of Leith

May 23, 2008

The Site of St Ninians-Leith


The above map shows the site of St Ninians Church and gives the date of the rebuild after the Siege of Leith in 1560. It also shows the site of the first stone bridge to cross the “Water of Leith” demolished in 1788

Bell, William, fl. 1760-1813
Title: Plan of the Regality of Canongate comprising the Liberties of Pleasance, North Leith, Coal-hill and Citidal thereof. Plan of North Leith within the Regality of Canongate.
Imprint: [Edinburgh : s.n.], 1813.

source-nls

Some Text