The History of Leith

January 13, 2008

A Brief History of Trinity Academy

Building work on Trinity Academy should have started on July 11, 1891, with the traditional dram over the foundation stone – laid with full Masonic honours by Leith School Board chairman Robert Somerville – but his wife was a temperance supporter and would not allow it. Instead, each man received a book, From Dark to Dawn in Fiji, and the enterprise was launched into the late Victorian age on the era’s twin pillars of Empire and disciplined self-improvement. for more click here

Some Text