The History of Leith

December 7, 2007

ST. ANTHONY LANE/Street-Leith

z-4813-1.jpg
map 1822-nls

From ancient church dedicated to St. Anthony. There was also St. Anthony’s port in the wall of the foot erected by D’Esse in 1548, t.t.l 6, o.& n.e. iii. 217. St. Anthony St., p.w. 1780/81, 107. Kirkgate, D.1800, 76, D.1827. Kirkwood. t.t.l. 151. “St. Anthony’s Court”, D.1800, 241. Hospital of St. Anthony (of Egypt) built by Robert Logan, 1430, first of the Logans of Restalrig through his wife Katherine, daughter and heiress of Sir John de Lestalric, who died 1382, j.r.s.l. 105.

source- Edinburgh Street Derivations

Some Text