The History of Leith

October 21, 2007

The history of the churches of North Leith

The history of the churches of North Leith in 1128 and continues through the Reformation to a substantial renovation in the 18th century. There was considerable activity by the start of the 19th century which continued right through to the 1900’s. Some damage was suffered during World War II but this was repaired by 1950. North Leith Parish was with Bonnington Church in 1968 and the church joined with St Ninians in 1982. The latest renovation was started in 1989 and was completed in 1993. for more click here

Some Text