The History of Leith

October 12, 2007

Mons Meg

z-1145.jpg

Mons Meg is a large bombard now located at Edinburgh Castle, Scotland. There are conflicting theories about its origins, but it appears from Philip III, the Duke of Burgundy’s accounts that it was made to his order around 1449 and sent as a gift 8 years later to James II of Scotland, with other artillery supplies. for more click here

Some Text