The History of Leith

July 23, 2007

The Calton Jail

The above picture is taken from “The entry of George IV into Edinburgh” (John Wilson Ebank 1827) which happened in 1822 and was the first Royal Visit since 1651. The site of the Jail is now occupied by St Andrew House used by the Civil Service in Scotland only the Governors House can now still be seen.

Some Text