The History of Leith

June 19, 2007

A Early charter of the Preceptory of St Anthony 1469

The Preceptory of St Anthony stood on what is now the Church Halls of South leith Parish Church. It was destroyed during the Siege of Leith in 1560 however over a period of some two hundred years it developed into one of the largest churches in Scotland unfortunately nothing remains of it today. The hospital of the preceptory later became Trinity House. This is a English translation of the Charter from the Latin.

Some Text