The History of Leith

May 10, 2007

Leith Nautical College 1846 – 1987

Leith Navigation School opened in September 1855, after the passing of the Merchant Shipping Act, and under the auspices of the Board of Trade Department of Science and Art. Its Managers were drawn from the Town Council and other local organisations. Under the aegis of Mr Newton, the first Master, the School prospered.for more click here

Some Text