The History of Leith

April 30, 2007

The Ever Open Door

This film of the Royal Infirmary of Edinburgh was given to LHSA in 1977 by the widow of its director, Mr John Lauder. When the Infirmary’s Managers approached him in March 1938, he was President of the Waverley Cinematograph Society. The premier took place on 27 January 1939 in the Recreation Room of the Florence Nightingale Nurses’ Home, which was used for the first time on this occasion. for more click here

Some Text