The History of Leith

March 28, 2007

The Canongate Kirk-Canongate-Edinburgh

Apse_Organ_1894-1949-s500.jpg
The Apse and Organ 1894-1949. The Galleries were removed in 1947

z-168-1.jpg

for more click here

The Kirk of the Canongate – or Canongate Kirk – serves the Parish of Canongate in Edinburgh’s Old Town, in Scotland. It is a congregation of the Church of Scotland. The parish includes the Palace of Holyroodhouse and the Scottish Parliament. It is also the parish church of Edinburgh Castle, even though the Castle is detached from the rest of the parish.

for more click here

Some Text