The History of Leith

November 9, 2006

The Opening of the New North Bridge 1896

4-15.jpg
The original North Bridge was built in 1769 and collapsed killing five people but opened in 1772 to traffic. The Bridge was expanded in 1873. With the redevelopment of Waverly Station which started in 1893 the old bridge was demolished and rebuilt

Some Text