The History of Leith

November 4, 2006

Martyrdom of James Algie & John Park

This account begins: ‘The Broomlands church has changed its name. A stone has been inserted over the main door, bearing the following inscription: MARTYRS’ CHURCH, Erected in 1835, by the Friends of the Church of Scotland.’ Printed by Caldwell and Son, and taken from the ‘Liberator’, this account tells of James Algie and John Park, ‘who suffered at the cross of Paisley, on the 3rd of February, 1685’. for more click here

Some Text