The History of Leith

September 14, 2006

Dalkieth Palace

Dalkeith Estate is an estate on the south-east edge of Edinburgh. Dalkeith has been in the Douglas and Scott family for almost 600 years. Dalkeith Castle originally belonged to the Grahams and was given to the Douglas family in the early 14th century. Cardinal Beaton was imprisoned in the Castle in 1543. The Castle was destroyed by the English in 1547. for more click here

Some Text