The History of Leith

July 11, 2006

The Block House Leith

Zam-330.jpg
(c) South Leith Records
This section of the South Leith Records gives the traditional account. However according to modern research the “English guns” were actually in a mini-fort on the Hermitage Hill near to Easter Road and not on the “Giant Brae” in Leith Links. In point of fact nobody knows what the hills on the Leith links are.

The above refers to the plague of Leith 1645 and comes from a entry dated the 17th June 1645.

Some Text