The History of Leith

June 3, 2006

Mary,Queen of Scots And leith

Zam-124.jpg

Mary,Queen of Scots returned to Scotland from France in 156, landing at Leith, and by tradition stayed at Andrew Lambs House in Burgess Street before going to Holyrood House. Later she ordered the building of the Leith Tolbooth in 1565 and granted a Royal Charter to Trinity House.

Some Text