The History of Leith

March 24, 2006

Edinburgh and Glasgow Union Canal

Description: A 13.5 mile, 11 lock, wide canal from the Forth & Clyde Canal at Falkirk to Edinburgh.

History: Authorised by an Act of 1817 and opened in 1822. Abandoned 1965. Re-opened by the Queen on the 24th May 2002, as part of the £78 million Millennium Link project to restore the Forth & Clyde and the Edinburgh & Glasgow Union canals. for more click here

Some Text