The History of Leith

February 2, 2006

The Tombstone of David Vaus


This tombstone can be found at the door of the East Porch of South Leith Church and is dated 1585. The stone shows the normal Scots deathhead and the family coat of arms. All the stones on the floor of the east porch would have been inside the church however they were removed here in 1848 when the Church was restored and the floor of the Church had to be lowered by 18 inches.

Some Text