The History of Leith

January 5, 2006

Charter of Edward de Lastalric


This is a translation of a charter of Edward de Lastalric granting land at Greenside to the Carmilite Nuns from North Berwick. These Nuns looked after Lepers. Please note that the Hospital they built can be seen on the Petworth Map of 1560. Also that the Lastalric were the Barons of Leith until 1538 and gave their name to Restalrig.

Some Text