The History of Leith

September 17, 2005

The New Leith Poorhouse 1907

The New Leith Poorhouse 1907

This photograph shows the cementing in of the Leith Coat of Arms above the doorway of the new Leith poorhouse in 1907 which developed later into the Eastern General Hospital. South Leith’s poorhouse was on Taylor Gardens in Great Junction Street from 1850.

Some Text