The History of Leith

April 17, 2005

North and South Leith Church once formed a single congregation

This page proves that North and South Leith Church once formed a single congregation

The entry from 1692 starts–In the year 1687 when there was a liberty granted by King James a considerable number of families in the parishes of South and North Leith did associate together into one congregation and set up a meeting house near near to the Sheriff Brae……

Some Text