The History of Leith

March 10, 2005

Mount Falcon

Mount Falcon
Mount Falcon was a Gun Mount for cannon used at the Seige of Leith 1560 and named after a Captain Falcon. It was situated near to Bowling Green Street in Great Junction Street and could still be seen as recorded above in 1852. It was removed a number of years ago and the area is now built up.

Some Text